If you would like to learn how to apply kinesiology tape for different complaints, such as low back pain or pubic bone pain.
If you a birth professional and are looking to add services to your current business to either serve your clients better or increase your revenue or both.
If you want more knowledge of some of the biomechanical changes that happen to a person’s body during pregnancy.
If you want to know more about how to use kinesiology safely in the perinatal population.
If you want to expand your knowledge about kinesiology tape in general.
How to tape for common pregnancy and postpartum pain, like lower back pain
How to confidently prepare tape to apply and safely remove it
Clinical tips for when to tape, when not to tape, and best practices
Communication, charging, marketing, and more tips for using within your business
Plus, a bonus video for learning how to loosen the hips and prevent
- Meet The Instructor
- What You'll Learn In This Course
- Is this Class A Good Fit For You?
- Mythbuster: There is a Drug Free Alternative for Pregnancy and Postpartum Pain
- How to Navigate This Course (IMPORTANT!)
- History Of Kinesiology Tape
- Four Techniques Of Kinesiology Taping
- Taping Safety
- Handling The Tape
- Introduction To Back Pain
- Taping Demo: Low Back Support
- Taping Demo: Belly Support
- Taping Demo: Shoulder & Mid Back Support
- Extremity Pain Introduction
- Taping Demo: Knee Pain
- Taping Demo: Arch Support
- Taping Demo: Calf Cramps
- Taping Demo: Carpal Tunnel
- Taping Demo: De Quervain’s/Trigger Thumb
- Introduction To Additional Applications
- Prepping the Tape for Mastitis/Clogged Duct Support
- Taping Demo: Mastitis/Clogged Ducts Support
- Taping Demo: Diastasis Recti
- Taping Demo: C-Section Scar Mobilization
- How Do I Cut The Tape Correctly?
- What Do I Do If I Only Have Pre-cut Strips?
- What Do I Do If The Taping Application Is Irritating The Skin?
- What Do I Do If The Tape Isn't Sticking?
- Where Do I Buy Kinesiology Tape?
- How Do I Remove The Tape Safely?
- Tape Removal Instructions
- Recap Of This Course
- Do I Have To Be A Professional To Apply Kinesiology Tape?
- How To Communicate With Your Clients When Using Kinesiology Tape
- Tips & Tricks For Using Kinesiology Tape In Practice/With Your Clients
- How Can You Charge For Taping?
- Demo: Piriformis Stretch
- Demo: Hip Flexor Stretch
Dr. Katherine Melot is a Doctor Of Chiropractic and cofounder of BirthBabyBody. She currently is in private practice in Austin, TX at Precision Chiropractic ATX. Dr. Melot focuses on prenatal, postnatal, pediatric, and family chiropractic care.
Will this course help me learn to tape myself?
Yes, many of the taping techniques Dr. Melot demonstrates can be done on your own body, with some requiring additional help from another person.
Do you offer CEs for this course?
At this time BirthBabyBody does not offer CE's for professional courses, but it is something we are looking to do for our professional courses in the future. If you're looking for professional development to expand your body of knowledge, this course is for you!
Can I purchase this course for my team or organization?
Yes, we offer a professional membership to our growing library of courses. To check out our membership, click our logo on the top right of this page, click on "I'm a perinatal professional", scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Join Pro Membership". We also sell courses in bulk for a discount. Please contact us at birthbabybodyatx [at] gmail [dot] com to learn more.
How is this different from taping techniques I can find on YouTube?
Dr. Katherine Melot offers a comprehensive explanation on how to use kinesiology tape safely and effectively for pregnant and postpartum people. Her taping techniques are specifically made for the perinatal population, and she provides clinical notes on many of her demonstrations specifically addressing the needs of the perinatal population.